Creating promotion codes
Create promotion codes to provide a discount for a specific category of attendees, or use the codes for your marketing campaign. You can restrict the visibility of promotion codes for specific target groups or restrict their use to specific ticket categories.
- Select the event that you wish to edit.
- Go to the menu item Set up ticket sales and click on Promotion codes.
- Click on Create promotion code.
- Decide on the type of code and provide a short description for internal use. You have the choice between:
- a price reduction, or
- a hidden category.
- Determine the name of the promotion code and define whether it is permanently valid, or whether the code can only be used a certain number of times. When naming the code, you have the following options:
- Use the same name for all codes (1st option)
- Use a series of names for the codes, which all start with the same prefix
- Import your own names for the codes: This can be done simply by copying and pasting an Excel column. You can insert up to 10,000 codes at once. If you have more than 10,000 codes, you will need to insert codes 10,000 at a time.
- Determine the amount of discount – either as a percentage or as a fixed amount off a ticket or off a single purchase.
- Define the period of validity for the promotion code.
- Choose the categories to which the discount applies.
- Finally, click on Create code.
- Create a Link for entering promotion codes in the ticket shop. You will need to choose the text, the type of link, and where it will be placed.