Defining invoice data
- Select the event that you wish to edit.
- Go to the menu item Set up ticket sales and click on Payment handling.
- Determine the invoice details for your event:
- Type of event
- VAT-ID number: is printed on the attendee’s invoice
- Invoice number format
- Billing address of the event: is printed on the attendee’s invoice
- Billing address for XING: is printed on the organiser’s statement
- Language of the XING invoice: is printed on the organiser’s statement
Important: XING takes care of attendee registration and processing of payments on your behalf. In other words, you use the platform – in your capacity of event organiser – to automatically generate and send invoices to attendees. However, you still remain the issuer of the invoice and contractual partner in the scope of the ticket purchase. For this reason, you need to confirm whether this is a private or commercial event:
- Private events: Invoices to ticket purchasers are written without VAT.
- Commercial events: In accordance with Section 3a Paragraph 5 of German VAT law, ticket purchases are subject to the same rate of tax as the rate applied by the venue. If you select a tax rate of 0% here, you can explain the reason for the tax exemption in the text box. This explanation also appears on the invoice for the tickets.
Please note: Make sure that these parameters are set before you activate your event because they cannot be modified after the first ticket has been sold.