No. Your ticket buyers do not need a XING account for buying your tickets or registering to your events. To attend your event, customers without XING account simply fill in their information and complete the buying process. They'll then receive their ticket via e-mail. Ticket buyers with a XING account can choose to use it for buying and registering to your event or not. As XING members your ticket buyers also have the option of downloading their ticket and invoice from the event's attendee area. In case they want to pass on their tickets to another person, they can do so in their personal attendee area as well. You can also use the attendee area to provide further information, upload files, pictures and videos and connect with your attendees in advance.
When you create your event with the XING EventManager, it is automatically published on the XING business platform together with an integrated ticket shop. Under Edit event > Sales channels > Event on XING you can choose who can see this page and also switch directly to your event page on XING.
A lot of data of the event is automatically synchronized with XING. Please edit or add all other information directly on the event page on XING. Among this could be event logo and banners, the event description, agenda, speakers, documents or a picture gallery.
If you also want to assign a company profile or group to your event, click the menu item Edit your event page on XING. In response to the question ""Who should be displayed as an organizer?"" you can select the company profile or group provided you’re the editor or co-editor of the company profile or group.
a) For free events, our ticketing software is free.
b) For paying events the price per registration is € 0.99/ £ 0.89 per participant plus 3.9 % of the ticket price (1.95 % charge per registration + 1.95 % payment processing charge). You only pay fees, when there are real registrations for your event.
c) Option „paper tickets“:
- Paper tickets by mail (EU) (per order) € 4.90/ £ 4.20
- There are no postage charges for electronic tickets or registration confirmations. The buyer carries the cost of tickets sent by mail.
d) Option „Cancellation“:
- Refund all attendees if event is cancelled (per order): € 0.00/ £ 0.00
- Per order in case of cancellation (initialized by buyer, e.g. chargeback): € 5.00 /£ 4.30
- The XING Events service fee cannot be refunded when cancelling a ticket or registration, since the ticket and payment handling service has already been provided. Note: There are no cancellation fees 1) if no transfer has been made and 2) the event is for free.
Under Edit Event > Sales channels > Ticket shop module in your personal area you’ll find an HTML code that you can use to integrate the ticket shop into your own website or app by using an iframe. The corresponding module can also be activated for automatic height adjustment and use of custom colours.
The Permissions menu item in your personal area lets you add more users, who will then have access to the event in the XING EventManager. Two different user types can be added: Administrators and Restricted users. The third option, EasyEntry Desktop users, can only be used to a very limited extent.
The administrator is a user with editing rights for almost all event settings. The administrator has no access to invoices and monthly reports, is unable to edit payment data and cannot link the account to his/her own XING account. When you add a restricted user, you can define in detail to which areas the user should have access. Restricted users have the same pre-set restrictions as administrators and cannot copy an event. All users need is a TicketingManager or a XING account.
If users also want to become co-organizers of the event on the XING platform, they simply click on „Sales Channels > Event on XING> Edit event on XING“. They’ll get redirected to the event page on XING and are added automatically as co-organizers (a XING account is required).
You'll find our product news for the XING EventManager on our news page. We'll provide latest news regarding our event platform.
As the organiser, you can cancel an entire order or perform a partial cancellation in the attendee list for the event. During the cancellation process, you can select who will pay the processing fees — the ticket purchaser or you, as the organiser. You can refund the entire invoice amount or set a cancellation fee as either a percentage or fixed amount in EUR. In case of a chargeback, you’ll be charged a cancellation fee of EUR 5 plus VAT (if applicable).
If you want to cancel an event, e.g. due to adverse weather conditions, please let us know directly by sending an e-mail to events(at)xing-events.com. We will then send you a cancellation order, which should be signed and returned to us so that we can cancel the event. Please note that you’ll be charged the cancellation fees. Ticket buyers will be refunded the full ticket prize without deduction of any fees.
For a data inquiry, please contact our service team at support(at)xing-events.com. You'll then receive a compilation of your data stored in the XING Events application via e-mail.
This information includes only the data processed by us in the context of the XING Events application. If you also wish to know which of your data is stored at XING, please request this data directly at xing.com.
You can view numerous and detailed reports about your tickets, orders and sales in the Data & Invoice section.
If you find that the data stored at XING Events is not correct, you can easily correct it. To do this, please log into the XING EventManager and adjust the corresponding data there. If this does not get you any further, please contact our service team at support(at)xing-events.com.
To promote your event the best possible way, you can use 5 different sales channels:
1. Edit your event page. When setting up the ticket sale, XING Events automatically creates your own free event homepage with its own URL. You can customise and adapt it as you like, and shift, delete or add modules. Compile your individual event page in no time and use it for your ticket sales. Add an event description, the location/directions and the attendee list or even integrate an image gallery or (YouTube) video. You can also offer your attendees additional information by uploading files.
2. Edit your event page on XING. With an event page on XING you can reach up to 15 million potential attendees in the German-speaking countries. On XING you can promote your event in many ways: Invite your contacts and visitors of your event page, share the event in your network or book XING Ads for a specific target group. A nice banner in the XING Events section makes your event even more prominent. To edit your event page on XING go to Edit event > Sales channels > Event on XING.
3. You have your own website where you want to promote your event? No problem, just integrate the ticket shop and other modules as needed into your website. This way, your clients can buy tickets directly on your site without ever having to leave it.
4. Boost your reach and set up your ticket sale also on Facebook. This way you offer an easy option to buy tickets to your Facebook fans. Add your ticket shop URL in the tab Tickets to integrate the ticket shop into your Facebook page.
5. Thanks to our free entry management app EasyEntry, selling tickets at the event itself is easy. You can decide if your employees or the attendees themselves manage the ticket purchase. You can use your own mobile devices or simply rent the necessary equipment, like card reader, printer, scanner, etc. from XING Events.
Simply contact our service team at support(at)xing-events.com and ask them to delete your data. You'll then receive an e-mail with a confirmation link with which you can complete the deletion. This deletion only deletes your data at XING Events. If you also wish to delete your data at XING, please also contact XING for the deletion.
To create an additional product, please select the menu item Additional Products under Set up Ticket Sales in your event and click on the button Create New Product. You can use our Additional Products feature to offer your participants additional products and services on the event's website. This enables you to sell items such as merchandise, books and DVDs or offer a shuttle service, lunch and other event-related services. The donations functions let you collect donations from your subscribers for charitable purposes prior to the event.
You can reach our support team from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00 CET. The team answers your questions in German, English, French and Spanish. Write us via the support form to track your request. If you like, you can also contact us by phone:
- From Germany: 0800 264 26 36
- From Austria: 0800 93 00 56
- From Switzerland: 0800 00 18 82
- From United Kingdom: 0800 612 15 22
- From France: 0800 94 05 19
- From Spain: 900 800 725
- International: +49 89 552 735 813
You can set the duration for Event Plus down to the exact day. To do this, go to the Events menu item on XING to find your event under For organisers. Click My Event Plus under Event Plus in the upper-right editing toolbar. Set the duration. If you want to cancel Event Plus, simply set the duration to end on the current date. If you do not set a duration, Event Plus will end automatically on the day after the event.
At the beginning of each month you will receive a 100% pay-out of the past month’s ticket sales revenues. Still outstanding invoices are cleared automatically. If you organize multiple events and there is an invoice outstanding for over a month from a different event, this invoice will be subtracted from the pay-out amount as well. The final invoice is therefore replaced by the monthly created invoices. We reserve the right to deviate from this rule in exceptional cases.
Under Data & Invoices you can download your invoices. You'll also receive them monthly via e-mail.
You choose the price as ads on XING work on an auction basis, meaning that your ad competes with other ads aimed at the same target group at that given time.
Visit this page to learn more.
You can set the rate of VAT under the Payment Handling menu item in your event. XING Events manages attendee registration and payment processing for the event on your behalf. As the organiser, although you use our platform for the automated generation and delivery of invoices for attendees, you remain the invoice issuer and contractual partner throughout the ticket purchasing process. You choose whether it is a private or commercial event. Our system helps you avoid making any mistakes in the settings. For example, the software automatically displays the tax rates that are applicable in each country. For private events, the system informs you directly about the legal situation when selecting the country. It's important to set the correct VAT rate before the event goes live, because you can no longer change these settings after the first ticket is sold.
When using XING Events services from XING SE, there is usually no commissioned data processing. XING SE itself is responsible for it. XING SE provides the data to the event organiser, who in turn can also process the data for his own purposes. A commissioned data processing with XING may only be required if you import your own customer data into our system and we process it according to your instructions.